Head of Business Development
thinkBeyond is a fast-growing agency that provides consultancy and strategy delivery to brands, sports teams, leagues, rights holders, federations, talent, media and governments who want to exceed their business goals and ignite positive social change. Spun off from the global movement, Beyond Sport, thinkBeyond has grown significantly since its inception in 2013, tripling its staff and steeply climbing in profits and clients in the last three years. We are seeing a shift the market and as such see increasing pressure for sport to alter its product to offer brands a sponsorship product more aligned to the SDGs and + social impact. We will be looking to develop this offering.
This is a key hire for think Beyond – we have a unique position in this space – an 11-year history in sport, purpose and social change and 24 years of sport industry contacts. This offers a tremendous opportunity to advise the industry in this transformative space.
This significant role within the business will help lead on the long-term growth, business development and aspirations of the organisation.
The role will consist of three main key components:
1. Working with the senior team on business development and client acquisition;
2. Overseeing a sponsorship sale offering and delivery of that product
Working with the senior team on business development and client acquisition
- Work with the Strategy Director, Managing Director and Founder to create a robust business development strategy that will grow thinkBeyond’s client-base both within the sport industry and beyond.
- Develop and oversee pipeline of potential business opportunities
- Oversee development of pitches and proposals to potential clients/sponsors
- Develop and grow the credibility and reputation of the organisation as a leader in purpose-based consultancy to brands
Overseeing a sponsorship sale offering and delivery of that product
- Develop with company assets and team a known offering to support rights holders, talent and brands in our unique offering around social sponsorship acquisition/advisory/placement
- To market the offering in an appropriate manner
- To identify opportunities to secure appropriate rights holders with sponsorship assets and brands that are investing in sports properties
- To negotiate and advise those clients accordingly
Drive forward talent team on acquisition and delivery on revenue
- Developing our talent offering within the Think Beyond group
- Identifying and securing talent
- Helping develop brand, social and sponsorship strategy for talent
- Strong experience of developing a new commercial offering and positioning it into the market
- Excellent track record of business development and sales
- An understanding of sponsorship and communications
- Excellent client management, project management and stakeholder management skills
- Experience within the sport for social change and/or athlete care/education sectors
- Experience of interacting with and working with talent
- An outgoing, hard-working and self-motivated team-player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently on projects running concurrently
- Impeccable attention to detail in project management and communication
- Calm and focused under pressure with the ability to problem solve
- Ability to work independently and problem solve, and adaptable to different roles as required
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Beyond Sport is the global force for sustainable social change through sport, instilling energy, insight and impact in communities around the world. We deliver events and build networks educating the world on sport’s role in society; we promote and advocate for key social issues; and we celebrate and fund projects using sport to achieve positive outcomes around the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
thinkBeyond is Beyond Sport’s sister company, which provides strategic consultancy to brands, sports teams, leagues, sports federations, talent and governments who want to do good business and create positive social change.
Together, Beyond Sport and thinkBeyond have delivered events and activated client partnerships around the world. Our global footprint, comprising over 2,500 organizations, in 148 countries, working with 40 sports, gives us the insight, experience, credibility and network to deliver impactful strategies, robust project management and compelling events.
Closing date for this role is Monday 30th September. Applicants need to upload both a CV and covering letter stating why they are suitable for this role.