Head of Business Development
thinkBeyond is a fast-growing agency that provides consultancy and strategy delivery to brands, sports teams, leagues, rights holders, federations, talent, media and governments who want to exceed their business goals and ignite positive social change. Spun off from the global movement, Beyond Sport, thinkBeyond has grown significantly since its inception in 2013, tripling its staff and steeply climbing in profits and clients in the last three years. We are seeing a shift the market and as such see increasing pressure for sport to alter its product to offer brands a sponsorship product more aligned to the SDGs and + social impact. We will be looking to develop this offering.
This is a key hire for think Beyond – we have a unique position in this space – an 11-year history in sport, purpose and social change and 24 years of sport industry contacts. This offers a tremendous opportunity to advise the industry in this transformative space.
This significant role within the business will help lead on the long-term growth, business development and aspirations of the organisation.
The role will consist of three main key components:
1. Working with the senior team on business development and client acquisition;
2. Overseeing a sponsorship sale offering and delivery of that product
Working with the senior team on business development and client acquisition
- Work with the Strategy Director, Managing Director and Founder to create a robust business development strategy that will grow thinkBeyond’s client-base both within the sport industry and beyond.
- Develop and oversee pipeline of potential business opportunities
- Oversee development of pitches and proposals to potential clients/sponsors
- Develop and grow the credibility and reputation of the organisation as a leader in purpose-based consultancy to brands
Overseeing a sponsorship sale offering and delivery of that product
- Develop with company assets and team a known offering to support rights holders, talent and brands in our unique offering around social sponsorship acquisition/advisory/placement
- To market the offering in an appropriate manner
- To identify opportunities to secure appropriate rights holders with sponsorship assets and brands that are investing in sports properties
- To negotiate and advise those clients accordingly
Drive forward talent team on acquisition and delivery on revenue
- Developing our talent offering within the Think Beyond group
- Identifying and securing talent
- Helping develop brand, social and sponsorship strategy for talent