Interested in using sport to help make a better world while also building your digital communications, marketing and administrative skills?
Then apply for our Content Coordinator position with Beyond Sport, based out of our London office, but reporting to staff in New York. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an international team that is leveraging the power of sport, in partnership with the sport industry, NGOs, brands, academia and UN agencies, to tackle pressing social issues towards creating a more peaceful and prosperous world.
The Content Coordinator supports all aspects of the Communications and Foundation team spanning Beyond Sport and thinkBeyond’s digital platforms, administrative needs, content creation, external relations and event support as needed.
- Sourcing content for newsletters and uploading on the website and in Campaign Monitor, with oversight from the Head of Communications and Campaigns and the Network and Foundation Manager (NFM)
- Provide support for social media, including drafting and scheduling posts, adding to follow lists, social listening and responding to messages
- Copy editing
- Utilize basic graphic design skills to help enhance content
- Online research and lead sourcing as needed
- Provide essential operational support for Communications, including:
- Website maintenance, including content updates and regular proofing for accuracy
- Maintain editorial calendar, including tracking of thinkBeyond events for promotional purposes
- Data tracking, i.e. weekly/monthly spreadsheet of social media numbers, email open rates, website visits etc.
- File/photo library management
- Media reporting: updating press mentions in Coveragebook and circulating to team
- Support with 2020 website platform migration
- With guidance from the NFM:
- Respond to public queries received via email, phone or social media
- Assist in compiling information for grant proposals and reporting
- Assist with maintaining network demographics database
- Assist with annual Global Awards process
- Assist with pre and post communications needs for events, including photo/video brief creation, social media prep / on event posting and post event photo distribution
- Support in collateral development
- Travel as required, including international
- Support in content creation around specific clients and projects, namely The Extra Mile
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English or Public Relations
- Excellent copywriting, proofreading and editing skills for a range of assets such as newsletters, websites, videos, print and marketing material, event scripts and programs
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, digital platforms, all social media platforms, and basic graphic design (familiarity/experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign a plus)
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized and able to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive outlook and a collegial, professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- A creative mind, “think-outside-the-box” attitude and problem-solving mentality
- Reliability and punctuality
- Action oriented and the desire to go above and beyond the status quo
- Commitment and belief in the ability of sport to create social change
- Knowledge of the sport and development world and experience in speaking about it to a wider audience
Founded in 2009, Beyond Sport leverages the power of sport and partnership to drive sustainable social change globally. We use sport as a platform to break down cultural, political and social divisions, bringing together the top global minds -- leagues, teams, corporations, brands, institutions and organizations -- to innovate ways to address society’s biggest issues, including, but not limited to: STEM education, diversity and inclusion, health, equality, child protection, girls’ education, sustainable communities, the environment and the refugee crisis. Through our Foundation, we also celebrate, support and raise awareness and funding for projects around the world that are using sport to help make the UN Sustainable Development Goals a reality. www.beyondsport.org
thinkBeyond, a sister company to Beyond Sport, helps organizations and people that do good, do it better through sport. We are a social change consultancy that helps our clients make an impact in their communities, resonate with their audiences and achieve their business goals. thinkBeyond is proud to be the trusted advisors of some of the world’s most successful and socially-conscious leagues, teams, brands, governments, federations, individuals and organizations. www.canyouthinkbeyond.com
Together, Beyond Sport and thinkBeyond provide diverse opportunities and platforms for positive social impact all based on the principles of shared value, collaboration, originality and sustainability.
Beyond Sport is part of Benchmark, a holdings company that invests in and creates purpose-driven businesses.
The growth of the group has been driven by the importance that we attach to innovative thinking and our continuous investment in turning our ideas into tangible assets. Original idea creation ensures that we carve out niches in exciting and growing market sectors. As an entrepreneurial company, Benchmark has developed a reputation for building prestigious sports brands from the ground up and is now responsible for some of the biggest flagship events in sport, business, entertainment and philanthropy.
Learn more about the other brands part of Benchmark’s group here: http://www.benchmarksport.com/our-companies/
Please upload your CV and a cover letter, below, detailing how you meet the specifics of the role and your salary expectations for this role and also a 500 word writing sample. Please ensure your 500 word writing sample is clearly marked at the end of your covering letter and upload as one document under 'covering letter'.
Applications due by Friday 13th September 2019.